A lot of people use contact lenses to correct some vision deficiencies or
colored lenses to change their styles, but not all take such a good care of
their lenses which may lead to serious eye problems and it is crucial to
keep your eyes safe. In this article, we give you some general important
tips to take care of your lenses.
Types of contact lenses
● Disposable lenses, to wear for one day then throw them away.
● Daily wear lenses, to wear for one day and take them off before
napping or sleeping and clean them every day.
● Extended wear lenses, to wear up to 30 days then throw them away.
● Wash and rinse your hands very well before touching the lenses and
make sure they don’t have any perfumes or oils so your eyes don’t
● Dry your hands with a clean towel.
● It’s better to keep your nails short and trimmed, so you don’t scratch
the lenses or your eyes.
● If you use hair spray, use it before putting your lenses on.
● Never use water directly on your lenses, only their solution to rinse or
to store them.
● Put your lenses on before putting your makeup and remove makeup
before taking them out.
● Clean lens case and throw away the solution every time you use
● Replace your lens case every 3 to 6 months.
● Never wear someone else’s lenses, this may spread infection.
● Take out your lenses before swimming or having a hot shower.
● Follow your eye doctor’s instructions concerning how to wear lenses.
● Don’t sleep with your lenses on, unless you have extended wear
● Don’t forget to put sunglasses with UV protection while you’re in the
● Use eye drops or solution -prescribed by your eye doctor- to keep
your eyes moist.
Very Important Tip
If any of the following symptoms occur to you, take out the lenses right
away and call your doctor immediately and don’t put the lenses back on
unless you consult your doctor:
● Vision Changes.
● Red Eyes.
● Itchy eyes, or your eyes hurt.
● Having a lot of tears